Monday, October 15, 2007

Grief Girl: My True Story By: Erin Vincent


" I am just like you. I am bored with school. I goof off with my friends. I fight with my family. I love my family. I have big dreams. I am just like anyone else. And then, in a split second, I'm not. This is my story."

As this quote entails Erin Vincent was an ordinary young teenage girl, experiencing life to the fullest--being normal as far she knew it, until her world changed. Vincent's narrative begins in the future tense and then travels to the past into present tense once read. Vincent wrote about her true story possibly to clarify her own thoughts as to what occured in her life and if it was all real and/or if she might've left anything out.

"Can thinking something make it happen?"

Erin Vincent often questions herself throughout her narrative, constantly questioning her actions and thoughts, as if they were a partial cause in the tragedy...were they? There is only so much to state about Vincent's amazing and triumphant novel without giving away too much. I can state that her novel, personal autobiography, could relate to any young child/teen, or simply anyone that experiences a tragedy similar to Erin's. Erin feels like she's to blame for actions occured based on her thoughts, is she? In order to answer this question, you should read Erin Vincent's "Grief Girl: My True Story."

www.myspace.com/griefgirl

www.pagesetc.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/review-grief-girl-by-erin-vincent

*Best Books for Young Adults, 2008 Nominations


1 comment:

Mary Grey said...

Your review certainly does want me to know much more about this novel!

Then, when I went to the video -
it was perfect. You combined the
review with your video - in an
extremely entertaining way!